- This event has passed.
Lakeside Bike Tour
April 28, 2017 @ 8:00 am - May 1, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
The Lakeside Bike Tour takes you where the lake is so crispy blue and the islands so alluring and green. Our bike paths will take us round the majestic Lake Victoria to Gwasi Hills to Takawiri and Mfangano Islands. Watch the glorious sunsets at the Lake Victoria Safari Village each evening while sipping off of your glass or eating a whole tilapia. A swim, a boat ride and a ferry crossing on the largest lake in Africa adds to the Lakeside Bike Adventure.
– Two days of cycling (Gwasi Hills and Mfangano Island)
– A short hike up Gwasi Hills
– Islands explorations (Takawiri and Rusinga Islands)
– Swimming/Chilling on the sandy beaches of Takawiri Island
– Boat riding trips on Lake Victoria
– Fishing trip…if you want to try your hands on catching your dinner 🙂
– Sundowners and lounging at the lighthouse in Lake Victoria Safari Village
– Ferry ride to Luanda Kotieno
Ksh. 16,750 (with your bike)
**Mountain bikes available for hire
All payments should be made to our Till Number 805137 by April 21st, 2017.
***Contact us for other payment options.
Day One – Friday, April 28, 2017 (Travel Day):
– Depart from Nairobi (Sarit Center) and drive to Mbita, a small town by the shores of Lake Victoria aka Nam Lolwe, where we will be based for the weekend. The drive takes between 7 and 10 hours depending on traffic so expect an evening arrival having savored the views of the Great Rift Valley and the rural lifestyle en-route.
Day Two – Saturday, April 29, 2017 (Gwasi Hills):
– After a good night’s rest and a filling breakfast, ready your bikes for the first part of the cycling tour. From Lake Victoria Safari Village, the dirt road winds its way by the lakeside and through small fishing villages and towns such as Sindo. The further we go towards Nyagwathi village, the steeper the road becomes so prepare those thunder thighs. At Nyagwathi, we will hop off our bikes and take a short hike up Gwasi Hills for the best vintage over Lake Victoria before returning to camp.
Day Three – Sunday, April 30, 2017 (Mfangano and Takawiri Islands):
– From the mainland, we will take a boat to Mfangano Island after breakfast for the final and most breathtaking island cycling tour ever! Circumnavigate the island (35km); sometimes closer to the crispy blue waters and other times winding your way through forested, bushy and rocky parts of the island. After a hot day (as it most likely will be), take a dip in the lake along Takawiri Island’s sandy beaches before returning to camp.
Day Four – Monday, May 1, 2017 (Travel Day):
– Depart for Nairobi via Kisumu after breakfast. We will take the Mbita – Lwanda K’Otieno Ferry and then drive the rest of the journey through Kericho’s green tea countryside.
– Round trip transport from Nairobi to Mbita and back (self-drive option available)
– All the ACTIVITIES mentioned above
– Camping accommodation at the Lake Victoria Safari Village (2 nights sharing; camping equipment provided)
– Eight meals (including on-ride meals and drinking water)
– Transfers by boat to the islands
– Ferry ride
– Upgrade to a room or luxury tented camp accommodation
– Travel Days’ Meals